JOB TITLE: Project Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Senior Superintendent
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Project Superintendent manages and coordinates all aspects of jobsite operations to ensure projects are completed by focusing on Safety, Quality, Image, and Efficiency.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Quality and Profitability of Jobs
- Customer Service
- Team Member Supervision
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of civil construction operations
- Able to deliver professionally written and verbal correspondence with customers, vendors and team members
- Effective listening skills to understand what our customers are looking for as a contractor and/or a subcontractor
- Able to communicate the needs of our customers to our team members
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
- Able to travel; multiple states, cross-country, full-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Five (5) years’ minimum experience as a Project Manager and/or related industry Superintendent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive automobile/airplane travel required
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 40lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Frequently operate machinery; only when/if trained and certified according to OSHA and safety standards
- Use hands, fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, electrical energy, and tools and machines regularly used in construction