JOB TITLE: Landscape Construction Superintendent
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Landscape Construction Superintendent is responsible for customer satisfaction, job budgeting, job scheduling, cost controlling, documentation, and reporting for all assigned projects.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with Project Managers to ensure the quality and profitability of all assigned jobs
- After a job is awarded maintain our customer’s satisfaction in the field
- Ensure the documentation and reporting of all assigned jobs are completed according to signed job contracts and Elite’s established procedures
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of landscape construction operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Able to read and understand blueprints and spec’s
- Able to work both, independently and as part of a team
- Team-oriented, cooperative, and collaborative
- Effective and professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and flexible
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Fluent in English and Spanish
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five (5) years experience as a Superintendent and/or related industry Superintendent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Automobile travel required
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 50lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Frequently operate machinery; only when/if trained and certified according to OSHA and safety standards
- Use hands, fingers, and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position materials
- Specific vision abilities required; including close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Outdoor work in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements; including heavy to moderate noise and extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, electrical energy, and tools and machines regularly used in construction